Sunday, November 15, 2015

Short Update

 
September 14th, 2015
 
Dear family and friends,
Transfer Calls finally came around! I will be seeing Sister Taylor off in two days. We will be having a Sister sleepover party in Dortmund on Wednesday night with two other companionships. Then, early on Thursday morning, Sister Taylor will hop on a bus and make her way out to Frankfurt, and then eventually back to Oregon.
Goodbyes are a part of the mission experience, but I am really grateful for each of my companions that I have had thus far. I have been paired with Sister Carrol! We are from the same MTC group, so we already know each other. She is a very down-to-earth person and is very kind. I remember her leaving notes of encouragement to all of the sisters in the MTC while she was a Sister Training Leader.
My guess is that we will be working together for along time since I have only been in Herne for 1 transfer. So I am excited. :)
I don't have too much to report this week. Sister Taylor was really sick on Tuesday and Wednesday, and then I caught what she had. On Friday we spent the entire day inside. Sister Taylor worked on packing her bags and I was on sleep-duty, according to our Mission Nurse.
I slept for about 24 hours. It was fantastic! Haha. But I am ready to get back to Missionary Work. Still a little under the weather, but manageable.
Leben ist gut. I hit my 8 month mark today - according to Elder Jensen (from my MTC group and in my District) and my lovely Grandmother who counts the days that I have left and emails me each week. :) I am trying to enjoy the time that I still have out here in Germany. Time is a scarce resource, and I am grateful for every day.
Love,
Sister Helmick
 
 
Elder Heiner, Bruder Gollnick and Sister Taylor were teaching me to play the piano this week! My goal is to be able to play a simple hymn as a musical number before I leave Germany!

No comments:

Post a Comment