Sunday, November 15, 2015

Even on rainy days where your wallet is missing, your money is stolen, and your socks are wet, God loves you and blesses you.

August 17th, 2015


Family and Friends,
I am behind on email time today. And it has not been the best day ever - Sister Taylor read me the update she typed up and I asked her to send it to me because I don't know if I am capable of coherently gathering my thoughts and providing an update from this last week. So here is an update from Sister Taylor:
(P.S. Please forgive the English grammar and spelling mistakes. German computers seem to have no ABC check! And I speak in German 9am-9pm each day... German is becoming easier... But I feel awkwardly in the middle between the two langauges when it comes to writing...)
Lieber everyone,
Well to be honest, today is not my favorite pday. This morning we cleaned the appartment, which is really nice but I still haven't moped yet. After studies today we were getting our things together to go grocery shopping when sister helmick realized she didn't have have her wallet, ugh. What a bummer, she realized she had left it on the bus the night before. She was up for groceries this week but I will actually be paying for the both of us for the rest of the month for food.she is about to see how cheap I can be. I won't lie, we saw miracles this morning, we were able to travel to the bus bus head quarters where her wallet had been returned. All of her money was stolen but her id and all of her cards were still there, wonderful. The Internet at the cafe wasn't working for her so we left.she is just not having the best of p days. We were sitting on the porch of the church where it was cold and wet when a member showed up and unlocked the door for us because in all the panick this morning sister helmick took her keys out.... Poor kiddo. I won't lie, it is stressful but everything will be okay. So in the midst of of terrible p day the lord still gave us tremendous blessings.
This week has been full of miracles though. When sister helmick came to the area we made the goal to find everyday which we have done so far.
Later in the week, we were going by an investigator and I forgot her specific address, awkward so we decided to just door in the area. There was a beautiful angel voice we went to first and the. We realized we needed to check the bus too because we had an appointment soon. As we were leaving the area, I told sister helmick that's wanted to door a certain house. I told her I didn't know if it was inspiration but if it was and I didn't do anything that would be what we call, bad. As we were walking there, we saw a man carrying things to his appartment and sister helmick asked if we should help him. We decided he would say no and went to the house. As he came back out of e building I had a golem moment where I argued with myself outloud. I told sister helmick that I thought we should offer but it was his choice to say no, entscheidungs freiheit, you know what I'm saying. Well he didn't want our help, I think Germans think girls in skirts aren't strong and are danty. Well we rang one of the klingels and we were let in, they said they didn't have time but sister helmick offered to help them. We spent the next hour an a half with the family rolling some sort of grape leaf and fleisch thing. We talked to the. About God and we made an appoitnment to come back. It really was a miracle. Sister helmick and I are ready to see a lot of miracles. We love it here, we are ready and the lord is showering us with blessings and we are soaked ( you decide if that last part is figurative, cough cough we are literally soaked, it is raining). 
I hope you all have a great week, I am sorry if I don't get to all of you this week, I am sure you see we have very limited time. I love you and I think you are swell. I also want to tell you that even on rainy days where your wallet is missing, your money is stolen, and your socks are wet, God loves you and blesses you.
Also I had a really awkward exit interview on Sunday with the mission president.... More next week.
Liebe Grüße,
Sister Katie taylor
------

As you can tell, My companion is fabulous. I told her after reading her update to me that she made me sound super grumpy and depressed. She told me, "oh no! I just felt bad for you!" Haha... Don't worry though! Tonight, we are having a Family Home Evening with our Ward. Zumba night! I will dance my bad day away. Til next week!
Love,
Sister Helmick


Sister Taylor found Bigfoot (she is a strong believer that he exists...).

THE FOUND WALLET! Right after we got on a bus after we received my wallet.

Mission Conference Picture. I was asked to act as an investigator of the Church... Someone I know "really well" for role plays. I chose myself! Haha. Great day- I always love getting together with my zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment