Sunday, November 15, 2015

My Week Inside the Apartment

September 21st, 2015

Dear family and friends,

It has been quite the week...inside my apartment. Oh my goodness,
remember my email last week where I mentioned that I was sick for a
day or so? Well, turns out I never got better. I only got worse. On
Monday evening I had some of the worst sinus and head pain that I have
ever had. Sister Taylor stayed up with me until about midnight as I
stood over a pot of boiling water and drank hot fruit tea. The
pressure in my head was horrible.

After talking to the nurse, she had me meet with a doctor who informed
me that I have yet another severe sinus infection. She put me on some
strong antibiotics and I stayed inside and rested during the entire
week.

On top of that, Sister Taylor went home! I don't think she expected to
spend her last few days on her mission inside the apartment... But she
was a champ and took great care of me. And now, I am with Sister
Carroll. Who also probably didn't anticipate starting this transfer
out in the apartment with a sleeping and drowsy companion. Haha.

But alas! I have received permission to leave the apartment from the
mission nurse! I am still on my Medicine and am not yet back to my
100%, but I feel significantly better. It has been the longest week of
my mission.

I have learned that time really flies on a Mission because you are
really busy! Haha. It has felt like eternity since I had a Pday,
because I did not do much other than resting this week. But on
Saturday I finally left the apartment and we met with several
investigators which was good.

Sister Carroll and I are doing okay. We already knew each other from
the MTC. She started her mission in Bonn and absolutely loved it
there! In fact, she told me that the Germany Frankfurt Mission was the
mission that she wanted to serve in before she sent her papers
in...and Bonn was the one area she also wanted to serve in - and she
ended up having it as her first area! What a lucky duck! She also
loved her last companion.

I am a little worried that I won't be able to compete with that I
guess. I just hope that I can be a good companion to her and that she
will like Herne.

I hope this entry doesn't sound too depressing. Missions are a
rollercoaster of experiences. I am really learning to trust completely
in God with my needs and concerns. I have felt his love for me as a
Missionary and it keeps me going. I love my Heavenly Father and my
Savior. I know that I can do everything that they have called me to
do, and that gives me a lot of peace.

Have a wonderful week my friends! Hoping to have more exciting news to
write about next week.
Love,
Sister Helmick

No comments:

Post a Comment