Monday, March 16, 2015

There Are No Such Things as Coincidences!


"...if ye have faith ye can do all things which are expedient unto me" (Moroni 10:23). 

I know that this verse is true. This week was the best week that I have had in Germany yet,  but it was also the most difficult week. I really had to Stretch myself out of my comfort Zone to do things that I did not think I was ready to do. One example was our first street display. 

About every Transfer (6 weeks), we host a Street Display in Saarbrücken, where we have tons of copies of das Buch Mormon in quite a few languages. This last week, we hosted one in the Center of a busy Shopping plaza. All of the Missionaries separated so that we could talk to as many People as possible. 

At first, a wave of Panic and fear overcame me. I thought to myself, "oh no, I can't do this without Sister Lyman." Sure, I have contacted before, but she has always been by my side to help me when I could not understand. I did not think that I was ready to talk to These People alone. 

Thankfully, I have a fantastic companion. Sister Lyman did a quick role play with me and gave me a Little bit of encouragement. I said a quick prayer and went my way, alone. Speaking German. 

With contacting, the first two or three People I talk to are always the most difficult for me. But once I started to try, with FAITH, Heavenly Father helped me with the rest. 

Two miracles from that day: 

1. Oh meine güte...the gift of tongues is real! I spoke with a man today while we were contacting. At first I didn't want to talk to him because he had a smirk on his face and I was pretty sure he was going to laugh at me. But I talked to him anyway. He was very philosophical and he did not seem interested in the Book of Mormon. He did not belong to any organized Religion, but he believed in God and Jesus Christ. 

I started talking to him about God's plan for us and I beared my testimony to Him that God has a personal plan for all of His Children. This man asked me a lot of questions and IT WAS A MIRACLE. I was able to understand him! I did not really understand the words he used or the direct Translation of what he said, but I knew what he was saying and I knew what he needed to hear. He even complimented my German and said that I perfectly answered his questions. He accepted a Der Erlösungsplan pamp. 

2. JULIANE: AHH! God is so real! He knows us perfectly. Everyday my faith in Him grows stronger as I see more and more "coincidences" here. 

I met Juliane at the Street Display. She is so Kind and personable. We talked about her belief in God and Jesus Christ  but how she has a lot of questions and she is so confused. She wonderered why there are so many different Churchs and why so much has changed. She listed several other main concerns...and every one of her questions was a question that I had. She mentioned several experiences that she has had -- and they were all experiences that I have had! I connected with her SO WELL. I was able to bear testimony to her that this Gospel is what she is looking for. That the Restoration of The Church of Jesus Christ is true. 

As we were talking she mentioned that she plans to move to the United States. She said that she wants to move to OREGON. Of all places in the world, Oregon. I told her that I am from Oregon. As we were talking, I felt the Spirit so strongly. I bore testimony to her that God knows her and that we ran into each other for a reason. It was no coincidence. She hugged me before she left and said that she wanted to learn more.

She called us later that evening and made an appointment with us. She told me that she knows it was not a coincidence either. We are teaching her tomorrow! I am so excited for Juliane. 

The best part about serving a Mission is the People you meet. I would not trade this experience for the world, and I am only in week 4. Thank you all for the continued Support, it means everything to me.

Liebe,
Sister Helmick



Saarland flags

We went on a hike today.


Hiking on P-day. I felt like I was home, back in good old Oregon!

There are swans everywhere here.


No comments:

Post a Comment