Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Easter Week!

Another week! I feel like this week went by so fast! I cannot believe it. This week has been incredible. I feel so excited to be a Missionary, doing this great work.

Here are a few highlights from my week:

We had a Zone Training this week. A Zone Training is where all the Missionaries in several Districts gather together to be taught ways to better fulfill our Purpose as Missionaries. It was great to see a few of the Elders that were in my original MTC Group. 

On Tuesday, we met with a new investigator - Ellen. She has previously been taught by Missionaries but she has several concerns that we are working through with her. 

Sister Lyman and I also met with die Familie Franz for a dinner appointment. They were inactive for years and years, and they recently starting coming back to Church. Sister Franz hosts "Käse Abend" parties. Tons and tons of Cheese from Germany and France, with assorted meats and breads to try. She gave us our own feast for dinner. 

My first Transfer Call! Every six weeks, all the missionaries throughout the Mission "call in" to a joint group calling where we hear from our Mission President and his wife. We are then told if we are staying in our areas for another transfer or if we are being moved. Trainers and the new goldens (or incoming missionaries) are also announced. Surprise, surprise. I am staying with Sister Lyman in Saarbrücken for another six weeks. I am also HALFWAY through my training as a Golden...which means that in six more weeks I could possibly be called to become a trainer and/or take over my area. That is a crazy thought. 

During our transfer calls we were given some pretty exciting news...We're going digital! IPADS! Online proselyting! All of this will begin later this month and into next month. Elder David A. Bednar will be visiting the Germany Frankfurt Mission and will be introducing these new tools we are being given to hasten the work. 

This week was also General Conference. Twice a year, we have the priviledge of hearing from our beloved Prophet, President Thomas S. Monson, and from his Counselors and Apostles. We also hear from chosen leaders from Church Women organizations as well as Elders from the quorum of the 70. They all seek inspiration and revelation and address us with Talks, or sermons, that are relevant for our day. 

As I watched these sessions from General Conference, I felt the strongest peace radiate through my chest. I know that these men are called of God. There were talks given that were exactly what I needed to hear. 

As most of you already know, this past weekend was Easter weekend. As I have reflected on the Savior, Jesus Christ... As I have thought and studied about His Infinite Atonement... My heart and my soul have been filled with a peace that I never knew was possible to experience. I want to leave you all with my witness and testimony- Jesus is the Christ. He lived a perfect life, He committed no sin. He suffered our pains, our afflictions, our temptations, and every other human experience that would ever be felt - in the Garden of Gethsemane. He was betrayed and he was crucified. He rose on the third day. He Lives. 

 "Wherever He walked, Wherever He taught, Wherever He healed, He changed everything. Then everything changed. The man they called Master, Messiah, Friend, was gone. But the greatest miracle was yet to come. He is not here. He is risen. He Lives! And because he lives, if you reach out, call out, cry out, He is here. Then, now, always, He is here. During the good, the bad, the in-between, He is here. No matter who you are, who you were, He is here. No exceptions, no lost causes, at all times, in all places, He is here. He rose on the third day. He lives today. Find Him. #BecauseHeLives"

I love and miss you all. I know I often thank you for your support of me through emails and letters and prayers...but please know how grateful I am for you! 

Liebe große
Sister Helmick


This happens far too often in Saarbrücken.

Our personal Käse Abend!


Sister Franz - the Käse Queen.

As we were street contacting we saw this local band rocking out.

Elder Kress pretending to lick Elder Cole's food while he prays. Missionaries have fun too!

Easter sweets with Sister Güsgen!

No comments:

Post a Comment