Monday, February 9, 2015

Best Week So Far!!

This last week was the best week I've had so far. The MTC has got to be one of the most amazing places in the world. Everyone is so happy, so kind, so supportive and so loving. I love being able to pass Elders and Sisters and saying, "Guten Tag, Sister/Elder!" We are all doing the same work. That work is the Lord's work.

I saw a lot of Tender Mercies from the Lord this week. One of the Elders in my District was feeling really down. Together, we all wrote him a note of encouragement and support. It was a great feeling to be able to lift him up and let him know that he has a District Family. We have all grown pretty close. 

I'm reminded of a scripture in the Book of Mormon that I love:

Mosiah 2:17
"And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God."

Sister Peterson and I were called to be the new Sister Training Leaders until we all leave for Germany...In THREE WEEKS. Crazy. As Sister Training Leaders, we are responsible for taking care of the other Sisters in our Branch. We have weekly interviews with the Sisters and it is our goal to serve them in whatever way we can. 

I truly love it here. I am excited to serve in Germany - but I am so happy with where I am at right now. I have three more weeks to study and prepare. I am so grateful to be here. 

I want to leave with you a verse that has really stuck with me this week. It is another scripture from the Book of Mormon.

Mormon 9:15
"And now, O all ye that have imagined up unto yourselves a god who can do no miracles, I would ask of you, have all these things passed, of which I have spoken? Has the end come yet, Behold I say unto you, Nay; and God has not ceased to be a God of miracles."

That last sentence really resignated with me. God has not ceased to be a God of miracles. I see miracles in my life every day, here. I love you all!

-Sister Helmick

Happy Birthday Alex and Kel!



GRANDMA - There is an Australian Elder in one of the Districts in our Zone! He brought the Aussie Flag decoration for his room. I had to take a picture. We are friends now. :)



Picture for Natalya and Lynne Nielsen - I LOVED my package full of my favorite treats and my shampoo and conditioner. ;)

The matching green accessories! Elder Botcher's mother sent us all a care package. Sister Peterson and I received matching scarves. We're pretty cool.

I LOVE my District. They have all become a part of my family. The Elders are not allowed to give us Sister hugs - so several of the Elders posed for me. Hugs in Spirit.

One of my roommates, Sister Jeppesen, is super athletic. In the mornings before Gym, she'll teach me some new exercise moves she learned from swimming. Sister Peterson thought it would be funny to take pictures of us working out.


We LIVE in our classrooms. 10-11 hours a day of studying/working/teaching. I wrote this note on the white board - whenever anyone feels like they are about to fall asleep, they do 10 jumping jacks with me. It's pretty effective. :)


Add caption

SERVICE. See Mom! I'm still cleaning. ;)


Sister Helmick Photobombing



All the Sister's in our Branch


It was a great week in the Germany Branch!

No comments:

Post a Comment