Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Last week in the MTC

In less than a week I will be headed to Germany! I am in shock at how fast time has passed me by. I feel so close to my companion, my District, my Zone, and to my teachers. I love all of these people so much and I am so grateful for the examples they have given me. 

Earlier this week we all had an incredible opportunity to skype with a Church Member in Germany. It was so cool to be able to have a conversation with a native German speaker. Although my German is far from perfect, I felt so happy during my conversation with Benjamin (the man we spoke to). 

I feel very excited for the next week. I am slightly nervous - but that is okay. I have learned so much here about myself and about my Purpose as a Missionary. Becoming an eloquent speaker in the German language is not a part of my purpose. It is not why I am a Missionary. It is simply a tool I need to continue to study so that I can invite and help others to Come unto Christ. I've thought a lot about that this week.

I am not going to Germany to go on a vacation, to learn a foreign language, or to experience another culture. I am going to Germany because I have been called by a Prophet of God to serve His children in this country. I am a Missionary because of I have a testimony of my Savior, Jesus Christ. 

"For can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? Yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee, O house of Israel. 

Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me" (1 Nephi 21:15-16). 

We have a Savior who has not forgotten us. He never can forget us. Through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, all things can be made right. 

Liebe,
Sister Helmick

Branch 19


Sister Peterson, Sister Jeppesen and I saying goodbye to our Berlin Elders! 


I'm going to miss the mountains in Utah. 

Sometimes, in the evening, the sisters all have finger sword fights... ;) 


No comments:

Post a Comment