Wednesday, January 28, 2015

What is it Like in the MTC?

What's it like at the MTC? 
Here's a run-down for what my life looks like now until I fly to Germany:
6:30 - arise, pray, prepare for day
7-8 - daily planning and study
8-8:30 - breakfast
8:30-9:10 - gym
9:50-10:50 - personal study
10:50 - 11:50 - companion study
11:50-12:50 - language study
12:50-1:30 - lunch
1:45-5:45 - Additional study with Teacher - language study, missionary training
5:45-6:15 - dinner 
6:30-9:30 - either additional study, Devotional, teaching a practice Investigator, etc.

On Mon. and Sat. we give 75 minutes of service to helping keep the MTC clean. 
On Wednesday we have our "P-day" aka day to prepare for the rest of the week. (laundry, email, temple, etc.)

Sundays are my favorite days. Church! :) 

Yes, I study a lot. Yes, I'm tired a lot. And yes, I'm completely, 100% happy! This is exactly where I am supposed to be. This Gospel is true. Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. I have felt the power of His Atonement everyday here in the MTC.  I can change because of Him. 

To my family and friends: You are all in my prayers and in my heart. I love you all and I am so grateful to have you in my life. :)

Sister Helmick


Three Elders From my District (called a Trio instead of a companionship).

This is a Thai-English Dictionary for when we get discouraged about learning the German language.



Missing my family and friends.


I'm in shock about the German scriptures! Over 600 pages in Das Buch Mormon.



Picture of my classroom. This is where I spend 10-11 hours of my day

My roommates.




My room. Where I sleep. Not where I live. The classroom is my home. 







                                                                                    Missing my Grandma
Missing my Mom.


Missing my Grandpa.

No comments:

Post a Comment